Will it support a turn-based mode?

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Moderators: Cyanide Team, Focus Team

Will it support a turn-based mode?

Postby kabulk » Sun 17 Apr 2011 20:14

Given the table-top game is turn-based, and the success of Blood-bowl legendary edition, will this game support turn-based mode??

I hope so...
kabulk

Re: Will it support a turn-based mode?

Postby Gouky » Tue 19 Apr 2011 08:22

Well the game wont be turn-based and wont follow the rules of the board game but will be faithful to the universe. Its more like a tactical RTS using an active pause with some RPG elements.
Gouky
Administrateur du site

Postby kabulk » Tue 19 Apr 2011 18:20

Gouky wrote:Well the game wont be turn-based and wont follow the rules of the board game but will be faithful to the universe. Its more like a tactical RTS using an active pause with some RPG elements.

Thanks for the answer:

It's a pity for the turn-based games fans as there are not many games in the gen and a Fantasy Skirmish turn-based game has been very awaited.
kabulk

Postby kabulk » Tue 19 Apr 2011 18:21

Hi, one more question, what does active pause mean??

it means the game is in pause mode during the decision taking?
kabulk

Postby Velrys » Tue 19 Apr 2011 21:12

Active pause sounds more like when you want to pause the game, you press the space key just like in Dragon Age.
Velrys

Postby varkkon » Wed 20 Apr 2011 16:48

So would DOWII be a good comparison as far as game play, skills, loot etc?
varkkon

Postby jak1313 » Sat 28 May 2011 22:14

Hi;

Speaking for my group of table top gamer around these parts, when we saw that cyanide was making a video game of Confrontation, we were all VERY excited.

Now that I am seeing that it is NOT going to be a Turn Based strategy game, I must say that I am a little disapointed, however I guess I understand why they would do that. Clearly they are trying to target a much bigger audience than just the talble top die hards (who fell in love with the unique turn sequence and skirmish mode of C3).

So if it is just going to be a RTS in the Confrontation world ... what is really going to set this game apart from all the other RTS games out there?
jak1313

Postby Siam » Tue 31 May 2011 07:39

jak1313 wrote:Hi;

Speaking for my group of table top gamer around these parts, when we saw that cyanide was making a video game of Confrontation, we were all VERY excited.

Now that I am seeing that it is NOT going to be a Turn Based strategy game, I must say that I am a little disapointed, however I guess I understand why they would do that. Clearly they are trying to target a much bigger audience than just the talble top die hards (who fell in love with the unique turn sequence and skirmish mode of C3).

So if it is just going to be a RTS in the Confrontation world ... what is really going to set this game apart from all the other RTS games out there?

Hi,
it will not be a real RTS (Real Time Strategy). We discarded the turn-based gameplay and concentrated on the fluff, the graphics and the general feeling of Aarklash's background. However, this game will be a tactical strategy game, with an "active pause".
If you select your units and throw them in combat, you will lose immediately. You'll have to take a good look on your ennemies unique capabilities and skills, put the game on pause, assign stacking actions to your units (attack, move, use skill, heal ...).
You'll have to look closely at your environment, avoid ambushes, discover path and avoid dangerous places.

Stay tuned for new stuff about this game !!

Siam.
Siam
Administrateur du site

Postby Velrys » Fri 10 Jun 2011 23:52

What will happen for the other players when you press the 'pause' then? Will they have to wait? Will all the players get a certain amount of allowed 'pause' time to be fair with everyone? When I read this, I wonder how multiplayer will be handled, honestly.
Velrys

Postby Siam » Mon 13 Jun 2011 07:54

Velrys wrote:What will happen for the other players when you press the 'pause' then? Will they have to wait? Will all the players get a certain amount of allowed 'pause' time to be fair with everyone? When I read this, I wonder how multiplayer will be handled, honestly.

The multiplayer part will be different from the Campaign mode, it will be real time.

To summarize,
-you will have persistency on your account + ranking;
-Matchmaking to do 1vs1 matches;
-unlockable units.

Each player will command a warband of 4 units (Griffin, Scorpion, Orc or Wolfen), the game will be played in 3 winning rounds, and the choice of your units will be part of the strategy.
The selection of you warband will be a "Draft" mode (I chose my first unit, you choose 2 units etc...). You will be able to swap a unit for another between rounds.

We concentrate our efforts on the solo campaign mode first, to have all the good stuff ready for release.
Siam
Administrateur du site

Next

Return to General